Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The 2005 New York Jets Offense

With the Baseball Season Already starting to wear out my patience (although I'm now up to 3rd in my Fantasy League!), I thought that I'd begin to look at the rosted of my true Sports Passion, the New York Jets. I've decided to take a look at the Offense first and give each position a very simple Letter Grade.

Quarterbacks
Starter: Chad Pennington
Backups: Jay Fiedler & Brooks Bollinger

Grade: A

If C-H-A-D, Chad, Chad, Chad can stay healthy, this can easily become an A+, but even without the other pride of Marshall, the Jets seem pretty well set with QB's. Jay Fiedler's return to NY is good for the team, but as a fan, let's hope we don't have to see him play unless it's the 4th quarter and the team is up 52-10!

Running Back
Starter: Curtis Martin
Backups: Derrick Blaylock & Cedric Houston

Grade: B-

Say it ain't so LaMont, Say it ain't so!!! After Franchising John Abraham (who we'll get to in the Defensive Review) the Jets couldn't afford to keep LaMont Jordan and lost him to the Raiders. With Curtis handling most of the carries in 2005, the Jets need to hope that he can maintain his 2005 Form. Derrick Blaylock and Cedric Houston should both be in a position to factor into the 2005 plans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home